22 February 2008

Rant #2

"Are you crying?" There's no crying in baseball!" -Jimmy Dugan

I understand that there are social rules when it comes to parties. For instance, if Kappa Alpha is throwing a massive kegger and you are on the "outs" with the chapter president, you are not allowed to attend. You can be a dick and try to crash it, but you most certainly do not have the option of showing up, grabbing a cup, pouring a beer, and asking the nearest group of guys how they liked the game last week. Fuck that! You stay home or you find some where else to go, but you don't fuck with social norms. For another example, if you stop by the table of an acquaintance in the cafeteria, and after a couple of minutes of chatter he tells you, "Well, Bro, I don't want to keep you...." You gracefully and quickly bow out. This is not the time to tell him, "No, you aren't keeping me from anything. I have all the time in the world."

Having said this, if an open invitation to a reoccurring event is given, you NEVER have the right to get pissed if you aren't invited EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME! Then, even if the person who gave the open invitation deigns it necessary to invite you again since your feelings have been hurt because you are acting like an annoying, sandy vagina, then you will, under no circumstances, pout at said event. That's just not cool, at all.

(Cooling down....) My suggestion is: Just sack up and go if you want to go, then try to forget any feelings of being slighted that may pop into your agéd, confused little mind, and enjoy yourself. Just chill out a little, and gain some perspective. I promise you, most assuredly that you will have better days, and you will not have to drum off the ear of your significant other with complaints.

But should you not take my advice then I will "strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to" piss me the hell off!

2 comments:

Brandi Colby said...

Ben.. .if you had a problem with my pouting you could have just said something!! You didnt have to post it for the world. FUCKER!

ps Have you seen my stapler???

Colabella said...

Benjamin, have I taught you nothing? When the Kappa Alpha chapter president doesn't allow you to attend, you don't take it like a man. Don't get me wrong. You don't crash, but you don't take it like a man. You go buy a bottle of chloroform and sneak into...